Phase One – Completed in approximately 1 year
- You’ll start your management training in the heart of our locations – the warehouse – where you’ll master the ins-and-outs of shipping/receiving, safety procedures, forklift operation and making deliveries to customers.
- Next, you’ll move to the counter, where you’ll hone your customer service skills, learn our computerized inventory management system and gain familiarity with the thousands of products we provide.
- Your last stop in this phase is operations, where you’ll learn purchasing, pricing and accounting functions like credit management and financial statement interpretation/analysis.
Phase Two – Completed in approximately 2 years
- Your second phase of training to become a manager starts with inside sales. You’ll field phone and email inquiries from customers, research product availability and generate detailed bids.
- Next, you’ll move to outside sales, where you’ll visit with customers to develop mutually beneficial relationships. You’ll grow sales & profits by prospecting for new business and you’ll earn bonuses for meeting goals designed specifically for you.
Once you graduate from the Management Development Program, you’ll be invited to take on a management role in one of our locations. Where you are placed is determined by your demonstrated strengths and abilities, the availability of different management positions at that time (Profit Center Manager, Assistant Profit Center Manager, Satellite Manager, Operations Manager, etc.), and your willingness and flexibility to consider opportunities in various geographies.